Wednesday, December 15, 2010

content.

"...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

WOW!!!!

That hit me right between the eyes when I read this a few nights ago. Be content in everything...that is what the Lord is calling us to do. No matter what situation you find yourself in, be content knowing that the Lord's plans are always perfect and he knows so much more than we could ever imagine!

We have been challenged by this verse for the last few years. There were days during the past year that we weren't so content, living with 6 people crammed into a camper in a campground that was run-down, in a town a bazillion miles away from home. There were times when we didn't have power or water to the camper for days at a time due to the crazy Virginia winter weather. Days like that we didn't feel like being content.

Lately the challenge for me has been to be content while knowing that our house is so close to being completed. Days like today where I have 2 children sick causing dirty little laundry to pile up that I can't wash because someone else has their stuff in the washer down the hall. Days where I can't seem to find what I'm looking for because we don't own a dresser and have everything in totes knowing we'll be moving soon.

It's during these times that I keep this verse in the front of my mind ...."in whatsoever state I am"... that doesn't say "except this" or "except when this happens". No. It's "whatsoever". Wow.

May we all learn to be content with where the Lord has us currently and enjoy the days he has blessed us with!

(Just while writing that last sentence, my *sweet* daughter came up to me completely covered in the contents of her dirty diaper! She's been finding a way almost every day lately to either sneak away or during nap, to empty her dirty diaper and smear it on herself and anything close by...ugh...that is something my boys never did!!)

Content, Dawn, content :)

One benefit of not having any neighbors across the hall...Nathan can leave all his dirty work clothes in the hallway :)


Since I can't put pics up of the house, here's a sneak peak of a part of it. can you guess what this is?!

1 comment:

sarahm said...

God has been showing me the same things. He has placed us in every situation for us to minister right there. If its to your daugher covered in poo, poor the love of Jesus on her, in that moment. Pastor Mark had a sermon a few weeks back, he remeinded us to "be at peace with the pace" that God is working at. Thank you for your faithfulness right where you are!

Oh, and its your shower/bath in the picture. Looking good, I'm excited for you guys.