Monday, June 13, 2011

quiet time

....and of course I forgot my phone cord in the van that I could get my pictures from...

Well, we are sitting at the library in Blue Earth. We have been living down here with Nathan going on two weeks and, like all of our moves, its made for some interesting times. There is so many things I want to mention, mainly so I had record of it but I'm afraid i won't have as much time as I'd like since it's just me and the kiddos here and trying to keep a 2, 3, & 4 year old quiet and in one spot in the library while you're trying to type is not exactly easy! (the 6 yr old is pretty good at at least staying quiet :)

Here are a few "highlights" of our stay here so far:

Ariella was sick with the stomach bug starting the first night we arrived, lasting a week. I was next on the list, but thankfully it only lasted 3 for me. Caedmon had it before we left and Tiernan has been complaining of his belly hurting today. Apparently it's going through us one by one, on number 4...

The airbed that we are sleeping on has a hole in it, leaving us to pump it up 3-4 times a night in order for us to lay on it. Yeah...we haven't had too much luck with my parent's air mattresses! We borrowed their twin ones while we stayed in Jackson for the kids and the kids broke every one of them by jumping on them. This one is there's also...but we promise we weren't jumping on it!! Not sure how it happened bc it is a pin hole size hole on the top of the bed.

We went to the Fairmont days, watching a water skiing show (the boys got bored quick although I thought it was pretty neat!), a petting zoo that consisted of a calf and a goat...not exactly thrilling, and then a parade. Since we were there for most of the day, I was able to find a parking spot right along the parade route and we set up our blanket before we went to the petting zoo. Once that was over, we walked back to the blanket and patiently (or not-so-patiently) waited about 2 hours for the parade to start. The good thing though was that nathan was off at 6 and got there about 10 minutes before the parade started! That was a treat having dad there!

Another super cool thing was that a dear friend of mine from back in 'the day' when Nathan and I just met was there too! Her and her husband and family live an hour and a half away but happened to be in town for the parade. And the cool thing? They set up chairs right across the street from where we were! So here we both were, in a town that neither of us live in, at a parade, sitting across the street from each other....and it had been 6 years since we saw each other! What a blessing to see Amy again and met her kids!

Well, this is exactly what I was talking about...I need to go already. Although this time it's not because of the kids :) nathan just called me and he's on his way home (it's only 4:15pm and he was expecting to work 14 hours today so I'm not sure why he's off...) But he said that I need to come home because someone at his job site kicked up rocks with their truck when they were leaving and shattered his back window in his car. He would like me to take it someone to get it vacuumed out. So, since I finally took the time to sit down and do a post, I have to leave :)

More to come soon hopefully....along with some pics! And some good news about us coming home later this week!! Yippee!!

No comments: