Saturday, March 30, 2013

24 hour date

Because of the easter weekend, Nathan got 3 days off. What better way to kick start the vacation than with a date night! The kids (ALL of the kids...which btw was Jaeger's first time away from mom overnight ever so needless to say this hasn't happened in well over a year, can't even remember the last time actually...) went to gma and gpas house around 1:00 in the afternoon and shortly after, I left to run some errands. Nathan got off work a tad early so he could catch the chiropractor while he was still open and then after that we were free as two love birds! What to do???

Well, we started the night by driving around town trying to figure out where to eat. First place we stopped, Texas roadhouse, was so busy that there were at least 75 people crowded in the front waiting to be seated, nope! So off we went to Boulders. We'd never been there before and ordered a bunch of appetizers to share...buffalo wings, cheese curds, artichoke dip...ya know, low fat stuff like that ;)

Then it was to the mall to wander and do some shopping. Here comes the crazy part...we closed the mall down! I mean, I know its only 9pm when it closes but it might as well been 2am bc if I'm still awake and kickin after 8, its a good night!!

So after we left there, we picked up a couple movies and headed home. And oh the house was so nice and quiet when we arrived. No kids yelling, no teeth to brush, no pjs to put on, no bedtime stories. Now, don't get me wrong, not that that stuff is all bad, but having a one night break from it all is quite the change of pace!

The morning was just as weird. No kids coming into the room at 5:30am saying good morning, no thumping of feet hitting the floor after jumping down from the kitchen counters, just quietness. Ahhh. We got ready and left for morning errands. The mall (again), thrift store, post office, oh...AND....a coffee stop!!!

Now, if you know Nathan, you know he normally wants NOTHING to do w coffee and rolls his eyes whenever the word is mentioned or even when I say coffee smells good. I was even a little reluctant to ask him to swing past the cafe for me to get one quick. But he sure surprised me! He says "well I can come in with you and get something" uhhhh...."yeah u could get a smoothie or something" "no I think ill try coffee" wwwwhhhhaaaatttttt????? Wait, who are you and what did u do with my husband???  So in we went and I ordered him the same thing as me so that way if he didn't like it, I could drink it :) and also bc I know nothing about coffee except what I order so I have no idea what else there is. So 2 16oz vanilla breves it was. Best part was that they we're only 1.13 a piece..gotta love the 360 cafe!  And you know what the result was? "That wasn't that bad" said Nathan. Wow. That's one giant leap for mankind folks!  I wanted to take a pic of him drinking it for proof but he put it in the floor and wouldn't let me. I put mine in front if him hut he pushed it away. Small steps here people, small steps :)

After our errand running, we grabbed lunch quick on the way back and headed to pick up the crazy kids. Gma and gpa had a busy 24 hours and were ready to take a nap by the time we left. We don't do that often but its sure nice and appreciated when we get the chance to. So thanks again mom and dad for willingly watching our crazy herd of kids. But now they might reconsider the couple days they agreed to over Nathan's birthday. Haha :)

Pic of us before we left.
Crazy hot husband driving me on our date
Pic of Nathan pushing away my coffee :)