Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Garden

So our garden this year is quite crazy. It has the biggest plants that we have ever seen. It's overgrown on itself and there is absolutely no room between rows, even though we planted them 3 or so feet apart. Our tomatoes have grown so big they can't support themselves and the cages and steaks we have in cant either. They have even grown up and through our pepper plant cages! Our zucchini plants are 6 feet wide and almost to my shoulders in height, and FULL! Nathan picked a whole paper bag full of beans last wknd, even though we only have one small row of beans! He picked a half of a bag the wknd before last and before that. The neighbors garden just 20ft from ours is doing nothing like ours, just small little plants with just a few things on them. Her peppers didn't even grow this year and ours has huge bells on them. The only way I can explain it is the organic compost we got brought in for us from a farmer that we know.  That's the only black dirt we got and wow! Has it made a difference! 

Here's our jungle of a garden! It's not very organized but it's VERY full with fruit & veggies!!

Our zucchini have been growing like crazy and since it's been a few days since picking, this is what I got just this morning!!


We also have peas, cauliflower, watermelon, and cucumbers. I just canned my first batch if pickles the other day so we'll see come fall if they are good!

This doesn't really hafta do with the garden but I finally put our beef liver to good use!! For the past couple cows that we've order a 1/4 or 1/2 from, we decided to take the liver bc it's so good for you, but who really wants to eat liver? Not me!! Esp after smelling it... So what's a person to do?? Encapsulate it of course! So I took out about 5lbs of liver, cut it up, dehydrated it, ground it in to powder, encapsulated it and now we take them as supplements!! And best part, no taste!! Liver is super good for you (organic grass fed) chock full of vit A, vit Bs (esp B12) iron, protein, copper, the list goes on.  I'm going to sell my services to encapsulate these too, just like I do for placentas! So keep the liver next time you get a cow from the butcher and let me know and ill make it into simple capsules!

5lbs of dehydrated ground beef liver....which will make a gazillion capsules! I did 200 the other day and it didn't even make a *dent* in the powder. Wow!




No comments: