Monday, January 7, 2008

New Addition to the Family!

No, it's not us...not yet anyway :-) Our kids have a new cousin!! As some of you may know, my brother Darren and his wife Sara were planning on adopting a baby that was due Jan 11th...well she was born this morning at
9:16am! Her name is Eliana Danielle and she was 6 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long! What a little thing! Much smaller than William when he was born (he was 10, 1!) Darren and Sara are very excited as they have wanted another baby for quite a while! They are letting the birth mom have her time with the baby this morning. The birth mom fed the baby her first bottle (which was Sara's breastmilk...yes, I said Sara's...she induced breast feeding a few months ago so she coould nurse the baby that she's adopting). As soon as the baby gets the doctors "okay" (I'm thinking in like 24 hours or so) the baby will be discharged with Darren and Sara. So...so far so good with all the plans and they are very excited to bring her home!! I'm sure as soon as I get emailed a pic (that's the bummer about living far away, I have to wait to see her...) I'll post it on here so you can see her!

Other than that news...nothing too big going on with us. Tiernan has actually been sleeping in a little these days until about 7:30ish which feels SO late compared to his usual 5:45-6am ish that he's always gotten up at. I'm not complaining though!! Also, Brayan spent his first night a couple nights ago in a different room away from me, so that was weird for the both of us! He woke up for about a half an hour crying but then went back to sleep and slept until 8:30am! He was ready to eat when he got up...and I was ready to feed him!! Last night went just as well. Nathan commented yesterday morning when we woke up and were laying in bed that it felt like we didn't have any kids with the baby out of our room and Tiernan sleeping in!! (Caedmon has always been a great sleeper and will go to bed about 7:30pm and wake up about 8:30am and NEVER makes a peep in between! I can count on one hand, with a couple fingers left over, of how many times Caedmon has gotten up in the middle of the night) So we are hoping that doing the same thing with Brayan that he will follow in Caedmon's lead!! Now, if we can just get Tiernan to quit waking up and getting out of bed in the middle of the night, we'll be happy!!! Let me know if you have any suggestions!! :-) I'll post pics soon!!

No comments: