Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anybody Else Sick of Winter??

We are! Nathan has been off of work a lot because of the cold weather and snow! Last week we were looking at the calendar and I told Nathan that out of the last 13 days, he's work 4 of them! Then since we were out of the 'cold snap' we thought he'd be done missing days but then Monday came and it snowed! So he was home again on Monday. The week's been good since then so hopefully it'll stay that way b/c no work means no $$!

(Ok, so I couldn't get this pic to rotate, sorry! ;-)

The kids decided to make their own slip and slide yesterday while I was on the phone! I usually don't answer the phone during the day, but since this was a call from my midwifes insurance people, I decided to take it. The connection was really quiet so I had to go in the other room to hear her. In the meantime, we have this big box that we moved some stuff to our place with and the kids have been playing with it and making it a slide. They climb on the back of the box while it is laying down and then they slide towards the front. Since it collapes in the front, they have a neat little slide! Well, I also had a bowl of water that I was thawing some hamburger in on the counter which Tiernan found. He knocked it over so water was falling like rain off the counter onto their slide. That did not stop them from sliding down the box, actually, it made it more fun! They then got the rest of the water all over the kitchen floor. So when I came out of the room, both the kids were soaked and there was water everywhere!! I made Tiernan take a dish towel and wipe it all up. Next time I think I'll just let the phone ring....or figure out a way to tie them down while I'm on it :-)
(Yes, Tiernan still steals the baby's nuk!)

No comments: