Sunday, September 5, 2010

birthday party

Since hurricane Earl put a damper on going to the ocean on Saturday, we decided to make a trip to the DC zoo for Caedmon's birthday! It was PERFECT weather...upper 70s, sunny, and a cool breeze! Naomi met us out there and we checked out the animals....well, that is as many animals as we could see. A lot of them weren't outside or they were huddled in the corner in the shade or something...it could have been a little better in that way, but I think the kids still had fun!

Here are some pics from our day....










We are now at a hotel in Crawfordsville, IN after a LOOOOOONG day in the car. (And you know it's been a long day when you have to ask the lady at the front desk of the hotel which time zone we're in. And to make things even more weird, her answer started with "I think we are in....". Excuse me?? You THINK??) We drove for about 11 hours, 12 hours time. We stopped once, after 5 hours and 45 mins. Pretty good seeing how we are driving in 2 vehicles and have a gazillion kids under 6. But like I have said before, our kids are THE GREATEST car riders, not hardly saying a PEEP the whole time!! I had to keep checking to make sure Caedmon was still in my van b/c he was so quiet!! NO complaiing from them the entire time, it was grand!

Anyway, I'm off for now...time to LIE DOWN and get off my backside...i've sat on it enough today!! :)

No comments: