Friday, October 11, 2013

A birth that was not my own

Last Sunday, I was so privileged to be able to witness the birth of my best friends' 6th baby!  After 5 rather complicated hospital births, her and her husband decided to have their 6th baby at home.  As long as she could make it to 36 weeks, she was in the clear to birth at home. Well, she made it the longest with this pregnancy than she did with any of the others by 1 day (all her babies were "preemies") and at 36+3 days, her beautiful baby girl was born!

It was so amazing to be on "the other side" of the whole labor thing!! To be able to experience labor and birth without actually being the one *in* labor, was wonderful!  Melissa did SO well! I will always remember this experience (and Melissa prob will too! lol! :)  Now it'll be my turn to go through labor soon and her turn to be there.  I'm guessing we both like watching rather than doing. :)





No comments: