Monday, October 14, 2013

Mirror Image

As I was looking back on my blog, I realized that I have missed writing down so much of this year, it's ridiculous!  I do really hope to get better at it, even just a small sentence with a picture because looking back and the memories it keeps is irreplaceable!  Especially in these busy days, I know I will forget so much and this is a way that I can remember.  So bear with me!

One thing that I wanted to document because I think it's such a cool story of how God brought our families together, is the story of how Melissa and I met. (The lady whos birth I attended last week...)

So back in Feb, I got a friend request on facebook from this 'Melissa'.  I checked out her profile first before accepting and saw that she lived in Washington state and we didn't have any mutual friends. Hmmm.  Maybe she friended me by mistake?  Whatever.  I just ignored it bc I saw no reason why I wanted to be facebook friends with a lady all the way across the country of whom I have no mutual friends.

So fast forward a couple days....I was in charge of collecting meals for the Forsman family whos house burned down at the beginning of the year and a lady named Aimee came to drop off a meal.  I did not know Aimee previously.  That night Aimee had sent me a friend request via facebook and I accepted.

Fast forward a couple more days...When scrolling through facebook one day, I saw a picture of "the lady that friended me from Washington" on Aimee's newsfeed!!!  What???  Is there some connection??  So I looked further into the picture and saw that her and her family were moving to St. Cloud and going to be the new owners of Bounce Depot!  But still...why would she friend me?

After seeing her family picture, I got an idea of why she wanted to connect.  She had 5 small children.  Ah-ha!  So I accepted her friend request and we started communicating via facebook.  Then things started getting weird...in a good way...of all the things we had in common....

 They had 5 children.  Boy, boy, boy, girl, girl.  (Only our 5th children are a different sex)
Their kids were 7, 6, 5, 3, 1.  Ours were 7, 6, 5, 3, 1.
Their #2 & #3 kids are Irish twins.  Our #2 & #3 kids are Irish twins.
Their Irish twins and our Irish twins birthdays are the same time of year, making all 4 kids the same age for 2 weeks.
If this wasn't crazy enough...

I found out she was pregnant with #6....  We hadn't told anyone yet but I just couldn't NOT tell her!  We were pregnant with #6 too!!!

And here's the kicker....ready for it?!?!....She was due the DAY after me!!!!  What?!?!?.....

Then the similaries continued....we, of course, found out we were expecting the same sex child :)

We have so many other things in common, including similar looks and get asked ALL.THE.TIME. if we are sisters.  I would seriously have a lot of money if I got paid for every time someone asked us that.  Our kids get a long great with eachother and our husbands even like each other and get along fabulously! lol!  I'm just not sure most people find a family so similar to theirs when their family is a little 'unusual' to begin with!  It's fun to be out with a couple similar to our and then get asked about our kids or if we have any....uh, yeah.  "We have 10 kids between us, 8 yrs old and younger, and we are both expecting our 6th, due a day apart" lol!  Most people don't believe us....

This was taken the morning after our kids and I had a sleepover at their house!  Both our husbands were out of town so we took advantage of that and played :)  We sat at the splash pad for SEVEN hours the day before! And of course I didn't get any pictures.  But the kids had a blast....and so did we :)

 After our double date at Cafe Renissance.  Amazingly great atmosphere and food!


And that's why I feel so blessed with their friendship!!

No comments: