Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where's my pie pan??

Since I was in the middle of making a pie when realized I didn't bring my pie pan with us to Garner, I thought I would take this 'time out' and update the blog :)....until Brayan wakes up and then we have to go to the store to get a pie pan so I can finish making the pie :)

I got my bosch mixer in the mail a few days ago and yesterday was the first day i tried it out!! Wow! It made some awesome bread!! (Well, I was the one who made the awesome bread, it just kneaded it :) I made a mini loaf and gave it to the lady that lives below us. She is an 81 yr old widow so just adores my boys! I apologize to her quite often for the noise that we make upstairs but she says that now that she can put faces with the feet stomping she doesn't mind :) She is a very nice lady who even told me I could use her washer and dryer whenever I wanted to!! (She has one in her apt). I think I can still wash clothes in the basement but if I ever have to do a load when it's raining out, I might take her up on using her dryer since the one in the basement doesn't work.

Not too much has been going on with us. Nathan still works a ton and has been getting 'heat cramps' in the back of his legs during the night which is extremely painful and he loses lots a sleep over this, so that is something you can be praying for. We are trying to keep him hydrated with enough salt, calcium, magnesium, and potassium intake. We are thinking that we might be moving back to Luverne in Sept. but our plans change almost every day, so we'll see at the end of August if that's still the case :)

Update on baby Emmanuelle: she is hanging in there but is not doing very well. She really needs to have the first heart surgery done, but she's been having issues with her right lung. They found out the lung was very underdeveloped along with having some complications with it. The doctors were saying that they weren't going to operate on the heart if the lung had problems so they were going to do an in-depth CAT scan yesterday to see what really was going on with that lung and to see if surgery is even a possibility. Also, Laura (the mom) was not feeling well yesterday, she was very tired and light headed so they were going to check her hemoglobin levels. Please continue to pray for their family as they go through this difficult time.

We took Tiernan's staple out of his head the night before last. I'll just say that is the first and LAST time we will EVER let a doctor put a staple in our child!!! Ugh!! After realizing that we could have just duck-taped it shut (or at least asked them to just medical glue-it or tape it shut themselves) we weren't very happy to have that staple in. The scars from where the staple went look like they'll almost be bigger than the scar from his cut! And, it was formed in a CIRCLE....yes, a full circle! So we did a little operating (and a LOT of coaxing with ice cream...) and we finally got it out. Like I said, last time for that.....

Anyway, better get back to my boys!

No comments: