Saturday, June 6, 2009

Could I Pass for 16???...Guess so!!

A few conversations that took place in the last few days. I really need to find a few good one liners I can say in response to people....have some fun with them :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a garage sale (Ariella was sleeping in the car):

Lady: "That's a pack 'n play"

Me: "Yeah, I know...I have 2 of them"

Lady: "Oh, do you do daycare?"

(I always love that question...)

Me: "No, I just have a lot of little kids."

::Silence::

Lady: "Well, how many kids do you have?"

Me: "Four"

::Silence again::

Lady: "You don't even look old enough to have one!"

Should I take that as a compliment or an insult????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At another garage sale:

Lady: "Oh cute...Is she your first?"

(I always love this question too...)

Me: "Nope, she's my fourth."

::Mouths drop while making short grunting noises::

Lady: "You hardly look old enough to have that one!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Walmart at the checkout:

Lady: "Hi, Kids! Do you do daycare?"

Me (smiling): "Nope"

::Silence::

(I think this silence part usually comes from lack of knowing what to say to me....and it's usually followed by this.....)

Lady: "Well, then...you're a busy lady!"

Nothing like stating the OBVIOUS!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Walmart at the checkout when our 13 yr old niece was with me--all the kids were at home--and it was the day after the schools in Seward got done for the summer:

Lady: "You girls glad to be out of school?!"

Me: "Uh, what did you say?" (making sure I heard her correctly...)

Lady: "Are you girls glad schools done?"

Me: "Oh, well she's not from around here" (pointing to Jenna)

It was then that I realized she was talking to both of us, so I continued...

Me: "And I've been out of school for a long time."

Lady: "Oh, sorry!"

It wasn't until I got to the car that I realized I should have told her I'm married with 4 children...that really would have shocked her!!

No comments: