Saturday, May 22, 2010

taco night.

Tonight I made tacos. Yum. That's pretty much all I hafta say! But there was something I did different tonight that I will be for surely doing again and again. I used cabbage leaves as the taco shell! You can't taste it with all the taco stuff (just in case you don't like cabbage), it gives the taco a delightful 'crunch', AND it's another way to get in your veggies!! So I would encourage you to give it a try next time you make tacos. You can wrap it around your inside goodies but yet it has a crunch...it's like a soft shell and hard shell combined!! And doesn't it just look oh, so good?!


And here is the recipe for taco seasoning that I use. Did you know that most packaged mixes at the store have MSG in them? Yes, just take a looksie at the ingredients. If you see "monosodium glutamate"...that my friends is MSG. Bad, bad, bad. Plus it will most likely have some kind of sugar or artificial sweetener which, again, is bad. And plus, this cost pennies to make!

2 T. chili powder
1-1/2 T. cumin
1 T. ground coriander
1-1/2 T paprika
1-1/2 T onion powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. cocoa powder
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. celery seeds (most times I leave this out since it's the one spice out of these that i'm least likely to have...and it still turns out awesome!)

Mix all ingredient well and store in air-tight container with your spices! Sprinkle on ground beef...I usually use around 2-3 tablespoons. I just sprinkle, taste, sprinkle taste. You may do the same! Enjoy!

And on a different note....here is Ariella's new favorite place to be.

Yes, ON the table! She climbs up on the benches by herself and then climbs onto the table! I didn't think she was big enough to do that! I guess she IS 14 months old now, as of yesterday! Ah... Maybe she takes after her brothers??!



Nah...

2 comments:

AshleyAnderson said...

That cabbage idea is great. I'll have to try that next time. I usually make a taco salad, but instead of using chips I pile the bowl full of lettuce. Yumm. I love all your great recipes and ideas. Thanks!

Verna said...

Thanks for the recipes! I tried the ranch and I LOVE it! Thanks so much!