Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Our weekend

I've been trying to write this post for a couple nights now, let's see if I can actually finish :)

Today was one of those "the day went by and I got absolutely nothing done" days.  Wait, that's not absolutely true...we got some fellow-shipping done, just nothing around the house that was on the list done.  But that's okay, there's always tomorrow.

The phone kept ringing and then we had a quick visit from Ana and her family.  Ana was the young lady who stayed with me a starting a couple years ago when Nathan was working on the road.  I've blogged about her before.  Her and her family were in town wedding dress shopping as she recently got engaged!  Also, she's asked us if our 4 boys would be the ring bearers and if Ariella would be their flower girl!  How fun will that be!  I just hope they all behave :)

Then after they left, my phone kept ringing and between that and baby, I completely lost track of time and before I know it, I looked at the clock and it was 2:30!  yikes!!  I'm supposed to be AT school at 2:30 to pick up the boys!  Ugh!  Quick!  Get everyone into the van, call school and tell them that I'm running late and hurry up and get there.  Pretty soon Melissa called me and my boys were in her van and she just waited for me to get there.  We chatted thru the windows of our van, which is the regular thing we do when we pick up the kids.  We are often one of the last ones in the parking lot as it seems to be the only time we have to chat....while our 12 kids sit in the vehicles with us. lol :)

During that chat we decided to head over to Bounce Adventure so the kids could play for awhile.  After about 3 hours of bouncing and some pizza, we came home and the kids went to bed great! :)  Well...most of them anyway....still have a semi-fussy Selah laying next to me :)

Yesterday was a great day.  After a not-so-good Sunday (and sat night) between Nathan and I, we decided it would be best if he took Monday off so we could work through some stuff and have a day together.  Since Melissa and I have decided to swap kids one day a week, I asked her to take mine yesterday so from 8:30 til 2:30, we only had Selah!  We started off the day with a coffee date at 360 and ended it with a lunch date at Mexican Village and did a bunch of errands that needed to get done in between, and it was so nice to be able to spend some quality time together.

Saturday we spent the day with Melissa, Devin and their family.  It's been awhile since all 16 (wow!) of us go together, so it was nice.


Look at this cutie :)  She'll be SIX weeks tomorrow!!!
 Smile

Gathering around the couch (that was moved real close to the fireplace) to watch Tenth Avenue North's "Deck the Halls" video. Kids favorite :)

The advent calendar that my mom made.  Over-the-top fabulous.  Each day has a box (that my mom handmade) with a mini ornament in it!  Along with a calendar with those turn it is to open the present. (Brilliant)

The mini Christmas tree that the mini ornaments go on!

Devin just started his own survival training company, based on his experience and expertise with what he did in the military.  Here his is teaching Nathan how to escape if your hands are tied with duct tape.

Nathan's turn to try to get out...

Now Devin's turn

Up next....Melissa tying up Devin in the chair with rope.  How will he escape?

Very quickly....1 min and 14 seconds and he was out....

No comments: