Sunday, July 11, 2010

movie time.

We FINALLY got some rain here yesterday, after about 2-1/2 weeks without any and temps well into the 90s and 100s the whole time. Some relief, finally!! And with that rain, came a rain day for Nathan! I'm not even sure where the idea came from, but I ended up taking the 2 big boys to the movie theater!! It was their first time and they were so excited! We went to see Toy Story 3. It was a cute movie for the most part...although there were some 'suspenseful' scenes where Tiernan was fidgeting and Caedmon buried his head in my armpit :) But all in all we had fun! It's been a LONG time since we've been at a movie theater and I forgot how ridiculously expensive it is! The tickets were $7.50 per person and that was the matinee price! PLUS, popcorn was $7!! I think the kids can stick with rented movies from now on and we'll save the theater for a date night :)

But don't they look so excited?! (This was right before we went in)


On his day weekend off, Nathan decided to make a pull-up bar. We have a few days left in our family membership at the gym but I think for next month, it will just be me and the kids. Nathan has concluded that he doesn't like to work out with other people...and he likes his own equipment. I guess I can't blame him though, it's how he's used to lifting and how's he always lifted. So building a bar was super exciting for him.

I think he did a pretty good job!




Nice work, honey!

And this is completely random, but this is what I saw when I cracked open an egg the other day....

...a little chicken! I guess you'll have that every now and again when you get your eggs straight from the farm! And no, we didn't eat him :)

No comments: