Saturday, June 14, 2008

Anyone have a solution??

Okay, I seem to have a little bit of a problem.....We made a clothes line from our deck and the first time I hung clothes out there, it was so windy and the clothespins were so cheap that the weight of the clothes pulled the pins apart and they broke or fell off, leaving my clothes either just hanging on by one pin or they fell down. So we came to the conclusion that we needed to get those 'old fashion' clothespins that just have the slit down the center so the wind couldn't twist them apart. Well....I was at a garage sale a couple days ago that had a whole basket of these 'old fashioned clothespins for sale!! So I scooped them up and proudly brought them home showing Nathan my sweet buy! Since today was an extremely nice, hot and sunny day, I thought it would be a great time to do a load of laundry and hang them out to dry. Well, the good news is the pins worked great for keeping the clothes on the line and we had no problem with them breaking!! The bad news is that the pins left big brown spots on our clothes!! So I'm asking if anyone knows why they would be doing that?? Is it because they are too old and the wood is starting to wear off of them, or is it because maybe they haven't been used in a while so they are dusty and need to be run through some water before I use them again, or what?!?! Thankfully it was a dark load but there were a few lighter-blue stuff that have some nasty marks on them. I would appreciate ANY ADVICE anyone would have on this matter....thanks!!

No comments: