Monday, April 6, 2009

8 pounds!!!

Our little girl is becoming 'not so little' anymore!!!....(okay, she is still little, but it won't be long before she's not!) I weighed her last night on our digital scale and she is exactly 8 pounds! That means that in 2 weeks, she's packed on over a pound and a half! She's already eating like her brothers!! (a lot!) :)


Last night I swaddled Ariella in the Miracle Blanket for the first time. Since it's kind of an awkward blanket, I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but since I know of people who swear by it, I thought I'd give it a try! I wrapped her in it and she almost immediately fell asleep (which I guess isn't unusual for her so I didn't think much of it)...but she fell asleep around 8:30pm and we went to bed around 10:30pm and she was still sleeping. I laid her in her pack n play bassinet, figuring she'd be up in a few minutes once she realized that she wasn't in my arms, but to my surprise, I was able to crawl into bed with her still in the pack n play! She didn't even move a muscle! She was still all snuggled in the blanket at 3am when I decided to pick her up and try to feed her!! She had slept thru that whole time! Then once I fed her a little bit, she was fast asleep again until 6:45am this morning when it was my idea to feed her again! I guess she liked the blanket!! I'm excited to see if tonight is the same or if it was just a fluke thing. They say that because of the way that the baby is swaddled, that they'll sleep for longer stretches at a time since they don't wake themselves with their movements, and that was definitely true for Ariella last night!

I've started going through every single box of stuff we own and, once again, getting rid of stuff we don't need. I'm sure we are the only people that I know of that goes through their things (and I mean everything...every cupboard, every dressser, every box in 'storage', everything) every few months to get rid of more!! :) One good thing about it is that I can guarantee you we don't have any 'junk'....if we don't use it on pretty much a daily basis, we don't have it!

We are still planning on moving to Nebraska but I have yet to talk to anyone that gives us any glimpse of hope of finding a place down there to live! I think we are going there on Friday to check things out. Either way we need to be out of this apartment by April 30th so we hope that we can find a place and that the next job will be starting by then!



Nappin' with Dad



My, what big eyes you have Ariella! :)



How Ariella snuggles with Mommy every night!



So sweet



This was not prompted...it's what the boys always want to do with her....kiss her!!



First attempts at all 4 together


...again :)


Little toes...





No comments: