Monday, April 20, 2009

Slackin'

I will admit it....I have been slackin'.....slacking on posting to my blog....not slacking as in like not doing anything because lately, I've been doing everything but slacking!!

The days are flying by (speaking of which, in 2 days Ariella will be ONE MONTH! How crazy is that?!?) and I often find myself wishing I could clone myself a bunch of times over just for a day or two so I can get everything done!!

I finished going through all our totes of kids clothes and getting rid of what we don't need. Whew! That was a lot of work! But it paid off, literally, since I took a few totes to Once Upon A Child and they bought a bunch of stuff, paying me in the triple digits! Yay!! Since that store is crazily (it that a word?!) busy, it took them 2 hours to go through my stuff. My original plan was to go somewhere else during that time, but since it was just me and Ariella, I thought I would first just peek at the girls' clothes. Well, to make a long story short, we never left the store :) And actually, those 2 hours went by extremely fast when my mind was preoccupied with looking at dresses that I could buy instead of just wishing. I ended up splurging on 4 dresses and a couple pairs of tights. I'll have to post pics of them later because they are adorable! And since the total for that stuff came right off the total that they owed me, I didn't have to spend any money (technically)...so all the better!

Well, the line Nathan has been working on is offically finished (it was done last week) and today he is driving some equipment down to Nebraska. There has been some question to whether or not Nebraska is actually where we will be going (are you surprised??) but he should know for sure by the end of the day today....hopefully.

And...I'm pretty sure we are the only people on the face of the Earth that are moving in a little over a week but has yet to know where they are moving to! It's an exciting place to be, let me tell ya!

Ahem.

I've posted a couple pictures since Ariella's been born of her in her sling. Well here is another one and I just want to say how much I love this thing!!! I would recommend it for anyone who likes to carry their babies, especially newborns, but needs their hands free! It is from Kangaroo Korner and it's called a Fleece Pouch. (and don't worry, I didn't pay full price for mine... I bought it on ebay! :)...although now that I have it and love it, I think it's totally worth the price!) Ariella loves the sling as much (or more!) than I do and will instantly settle down if fussy and then a few minutes later will be fast asleep. The sling is comfortable and since she's snuggled in there so good, I don't have to keep one hand on her when I bend over or anything, she just stays put!

(Nevermind the fact that I am, again, taking my picture in the bathroom mirror when there was (obviously!) someone home capable of taking my picture....ahem...) This is what the sling looks like, and yes, Ariella is in there :)







(of course I couldn't get the pics to move around like I wanted...) This was taken yesterday a couple mins after I put her in the pouch.


Before saying "Good Night!" last night


I think I have found a way for Ariella to take good naps during the day! She has been wanting to either be awake for most of the day or sleep while being held. Of course I would love to just sit and rock her for endless hours while she sleeps, but since I have 3 other little hooligans to take care of, that just isn't an option :) She does nap quite a bit in the sling, but the other day I moved her from her sling to her pack n play and layed her on her tummy....she slept for 3 hours straight! I did that again yesterday with the same result.

Doesn't she look so comfy?




Tiernan playing with their sunglasses


Enjoying our time together at the park....a first for Ariella!


" Enough with the pictures, Mom!"


Snuggled with the little blanket that Sobiechs gave her!
I'm sure there is a bunch more that I wanted to post, but right now I can't think. I will end this post now and I will have to post later if I think of anything. :) I'm off to make some waffles for breakfast (actually just heat them up since my dear hubby was so kind to make them yesterday!). Have a super Monday!









No comments: