Saturday, March 21, 2009

BABY'S HERE!!!!!

It's a..........................GIRL!!!!!

We welcomed our precious little girl into our family tonight at 5:48pm!! She was 6lbs 7 oz and 19 inches!! What a little peanut! She still doesn't have a name yet, so stay tuned for that!!

I felt a little different this morning, I knew the baby was a lot lower but I carry my baby's really low at the end so that doesn't always mean anything. So my dad, Tiernan and I went into town to go to see a house on the tour of homes. While we were there, I thought "this might be the day"....the contractions were getting a little less comfortable. So once we got home, I started timing the contractions just to see. I started at 2pm and they were about 5 minutes apart. I texted my midwife to let her know what was going on.

She came over about 4:10 to check me and see where things were at. By the time she got to my parents, I was 7 cm dilated and contractions were strong. I got into the pool about 5ish and I was dilated to 9. After my water broke, I gave it one big push and she was out at 5:48!!

Nathan was still in the car on his way up so he heard her being born on the phone :) He was unable to be here for her birth, but we video taped it so he was still able to watch it!!

Here are some pictures of her and some of me in the pool. I will post more pics as I take them!! I'm sure there will be lots!! Enjoy!!



Eyes open!










Few mins after she was born


Again, few mins after the birth

Concentrating in the pool


At a 9!....Whoo hoo!!....almost done!!








No comments: