Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Our 3 youngest children seem to be getting up quite often during the night, for one reason or another...potty, lost nuk, wants to nurse, etc...and since I have so much patience and never want to just ignore them so I can continue sleeping, I don't ever make a ridiculous statements or suggestions. Like I totally did not just tell Caedmon to "wipe it on his shirt" when he came into our room during the night whining because he needed a kleenex. I mean, that would be gross and would be teaching him bad manners so I would have never suggested (or demanded!) that just so I didn't have to get up and get him a kleenex..nope! Not me!

I did not leave my jar of homemade jam out on the counter for an extra few mins after making sandwiches so my 2 year old could find it and eat half the jar! Nope! Not me!

I also would never give in to my children who were asking for ice cream first thing in the morning. I mean who would give their children ice cream at 7:30AM after they were done with their breakfast just to get them to hush up! Nope! Not me!

And while I was at the thrift store in town browsing, I totally did not find a skirt that I donated to them only to decide that I actually did like it and that I wanted it back. So there's no way that I spent $2.50 to buy back one of my own skirts. Nope! Not me!

What haven't you done this week?

Not Me Monday is a blog carnival created by McKMama. Check out her blog to see what others haven't been doing.

8 comments:

Kelli W said...

Too funny about buying back your old skirt...at least you were supporting a good cause! I've never told my kiddos to use their sleeve as a tissue either:)

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Love that you gave in to ice cream... my daughter & I did NOT have a Christmas cookie before eating our oatmeal this morning!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Megan M. said...

Yep. And my son E did NOT have a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast. I hear you on the ice cream!

Unknown said...

ha! love the rebuying the skirt! and i am totally guilty of the use your shirt and icecream before 8...often! my boys had chips for breakfast....after their cereal ofcourse! much love and blessings~erin

Virginia Revoir said...

Oh my gosh, the thrift store story was so hilarious! LOL! Thanks for sharing. :D

Virginia Revoir said...

Meant to say that I'm now following you and also I'm a huge thrift store fan! Totally. Was just there this last weekend.

Patti said...

Hahaha, that is awesome about buying back your own skirt! Your children are just beautiful, I love all their names!! Happy Not Me Monday! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious that you bought back your own skirt! What a find!! LOL

I would never tell my kids to use their shirt either!

Robin
http://lolidots.com/loliblog