Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Onion Rings and Cinnamon Rolls

Ok, I would NOT be a good friend if I didn't share this AMAZING onion ring recipe with you all!!!

If you love onion rings, like I do, you'll think these are 'da bomb!' Even if you don't really like onion rings, I'm sure you'll like these!! And the greatest part??? They are SOOOOO easy to make!!

I can pretty much guarantee you that if you have anyone else in your house while you make these, you won't be able to keep any on the plate long enough to bring them to the table, they will be devoured as they come out of the pan!!

Ok, ya ready for the super simple recipe?

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 large onion
oil to fry in (I used coconut oil...UNrefined, organic, extra virgin b/c it can handle high temps, and b/c it's SOOOO yummy and good for you!)

Mix together flour, salt, egg and milk with whisk. Cut up onion into rings. Heat a few big tablespoons oil in frying pan. Dip the onion rings into the batter until well coated and then place into hot oil. Fry for a couple mins on one side, flip and couple mins on other side. Place on paper toweled plate to be devoured by the whole fam!!

Then the other day I made some caramel cinnamon rolls...oh were they FABULOUS!!! I'll admit that I usually don't like roll-type stuff very much but these were excellent! Soft, chewy, and wonderful! We had a couple left over pieces after a few days that had been sitting on the counter wrapped in plastic wrap, and THOSE were even good! I don't have the recipe handy right this second and I gotta get going b/c it's the morning and mornings a crazy time around here....wait, every time is a crazy time around here...but we have to finish breakfast! So a few pics will have to suffice for now!!

Aren't they beautiful?! I absoultely love the way the cinnamon makes the swirl designs! This was before I place them in the fridge overnight so I could just whip them out and bake them in the morning! That way Nathan had fresh out of the oven rolls at 5:30 before he left for work!


This was after I baked them but before I flipped them out onto the cooling rack so the caramel and walnuts would be on top.


And this was the final looking product! As you can tell, I couldn't even take a pic of them before some hands were into them!


Makin' your mouth water yet?!?

1 comment:

JLT AND FAMILY said...

looking forward to the second recipe. jesse would love it if i made those for him. please pass it along, soon.