Nathan and I had one of the most fun nights together that we've had in quite awhile. And you know what we did???....Just talked!!
But what do we talk about besides 'how was your day?' and 'what did the kids break today?' Well, last night we both wrote down a bunch of questions and asked them to each other! We were reminded of the idea the other night when our friends were over here and they told us they played "The Newlywed Game" at a couples bridal shower. After hearing about the fun they had (and that they tied for 1st place!), we got to thinking "would we be able to answer each other's questions correctly?...how well do we really know each other?"
So we each got a piece of paper out and wrote down random questions that were either thought provoking or that we really didn't know about the other person. Nathan listed them on his own (and he thought of some GREAT questions!) and I cheated and used google to find some :) You can google 'ice breaker questions' and get tons of sites with great conversation starters and questions to ask anyone to get to know them better.
What were some of my favorites or that got us talking a lot?
1) If your life was a book, what would the title be? (Nathan thought of that, isn't that good?!)
2) How many kids do we want to have? (HA! Don't you wish you knew the answer?! :)
3) What's your favorite tree?
4) If you could have an endless supply of one food, what would it be?
5) If you could perform miracles, which one would it be?
6) Describe yourself using 3 words? (We answered this one for each other. Nathan said I was "entrepreneurial, chef, and feisty" haha!..to which he also added that it's a "good feisty" fightin' for what I believe is right, etc :) And I said he was "hardworking, dedicated, and passionate".
7)What don't you want said at your funeral.
8)What's the first thing you think about when you get up in the morning? (Nathan answered "what are the kids into?" hehe :)
9) What's one thing that I miss most since living life on the road?
So those are just a few examples of the questions we asked and tried to answer for each other. We, seriously, haven't had so much fun just talking in a long time!
I would encourage all you couples out there to invest some time in your spouse and ask them some random questions tonight. Ya never know where it could end up! Have fun!!