Friday, February 5, 2010

28 inches??

"Well the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire furnace is so delightful;
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Yes that song was actually playing on the radio tonight.

I'm sure most of you have heard, even if you don't live close to the east coast, about the snow storm that has hit us. It started snowing this morning at 8am and has continued all day and is supposed to continue all night and thru all day tomorrow. We are told to expect around 28 INCHES!!!! Okay, now that's a lot of snow anywhere you live, but ESPECIALLY in a place where highways are hilly and curvy, snow plows are scarce, and people use brooms to 'shovel'.

One thing I do have to say is that it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS outside right now and I wish I could take a picture that would do it justice. It's dark out now but I snapped a couple a few mins ago.







We only have about 5 inches out there now, so it should be quite to scene when we wake up tomorrow! I'll keep you posted.

I'm so thankful that I went to town yesterday and did some successful shopping for the week! Since the storm was coming, everyone and their cousin was out 'stocking up' since they knew they'd probably be trapped in their house for awhile. I stopped at the farm to get some meat and eggs, another place to get some milk, and the grocery store for meals for the next week. (And Target to get the bare necessities like toilet paper...wouldn't wanna run out of that!)

For now I am going to enjoy having my husband home ALL weekend, without having to show up for work, (They called the whole weekend off), and relax knowing that I have a warm camper and lots of food to tide us over until we can get out again.

No comments: