Monday, February 8, 2010

3 days

Instead of doing a "not me" monday post, I'm doing a "i did this" friday-monday post :)

In the last 3 days I have:

-made supper by candlelight
-heated water on the stove to use to wash my hair
-watched my diry clothes pile up
-scrubbed the floor over and over after lots of glass shattered and no vacuum
-had 3 seperate incidents with toddlers and peeing in clothes or on bed
-had 1 incident of baby tipping over potty that was just used
-been really tempted to buckle my kids in the car for awhile so they could watch a movie and sit still
-been really cold at night
-listened to the neighbors generator
-listened to our vehicle run to charge our rv
-learned that you can still use lights and propane if connected to car's battery
-learned that we have an outlet that works like a cirgarette lighter in the car does and will run off battery and doesn't need electricity, meaning I could charge my phone and even watch tv with an inverter!
-not been able to vacuum (HUGE when I usually do it several times a day!)
-listened to trees falling down and branches breaking off due to the heavy snow
-listened to icicles fall
-learned a LOT about what 'real' camping is all about
-bonded more with our neighbors/nathan's co-workers since we all had nothing else to do!
-watched nathan get stuck and unstuck in our driveway
-watched several people get stuck in the campground
-let the kids wear their winter coats inside because they were cold
-watched as my kids each sat on their own vent when the heat turned on
-used water from gallon water jugs to brush teeth, do dishes, flush the toilet..pretty much everything
-tried to explain to my kids over and over why we can't turn lights on, watch tv, flush the toilet normally or turn up the heat
-automatically tried turning on the faucet only about a gazillon times
-was reminded how blessed we are and how easily we can take things for granted
-was worried I wouldn't make it out of the campground today
-was surprised when I actually did
-got all my laundry done by my sweet and generous sister in law who had us over today

And the best thing that has happened in the last 3 days is that our electricity came back on tonight!!! YAY!!! And to top it off...our water works too!! Praise God! THAT was getting real old, real fast!

The not-so-good part? We are supposed to be getting 6-11 more inches of snow tomorrow and tomorrow night....UGH! Does it look like we need more snow?!?


This is the same picnic table I took a picture of before....not too recognizable!

This is NOT a snow drift by the van...that's the actual amount of snow we were getting!


For now, I'm off to sleep in my nice, warm, quiet (no more noisy neighbor generators), bed!!

No comments: